UTSA Crime Watch Alert
Date Issued September 7, 2012
Alert# CW 2012-001
On September 7, 2012 at 3:26 a.m. it was reported to the UTSA Police Department that an unknown male made an illegal entry into an occupied apartment at Phase III of the University Oaks Apartments. The male reportedly entered the apartment through the living room window and ran from the apartment when confronted by the occupant.
The unknown male is described as being approximately 6 feet 2 inches with a big build, short cropped hair, thick eyebrows. He was wearing a UTSA t-shirt and black or blue basketball shorts and was White or Hispanic. Anyone with information concerning this incident please contact UTSA Police at 210-458-4242.
This message is a reminder for students to please be attentive and aware of your surroundings in residential areas, whether you live on or off-campus. Please remember the general precautions that you can practice with regard to your own safety and security:
1. Keep windows locked at all times.
2. Make sure your apartment or resident-area doors stay locked, even when you are inside.
3. Have a trusted neighbor regularly check on your apartment when you are away.
4. If you live on campus, call the UTSA police for a “crime watch” of your resident-area during semester breaks.
5. Do not leave items in plain view. Close curtains or blinds to prevent thieves from looking in.
6. Engrave your property with your driver’s license number to help identify stolen property.
7. Only invite trusted friends into your residence and not strangers.
8. If you are not sure who is at the door, do not open the door.
We strongly believe that awareness and personal responsibility for your safety and security are the most effective crime fighting tools. Please help us work together with our community to reduce and eliminate crime. Please notify UTSA PD immediately if you know of any suspects involved in any of the above crimes or to report any suspicious activity at (210) 458-4911.
For more information on our Emergency Preparedness please visit our website at: www.utsa.edu/utsapd