Main Campus: Minor Flooding and Road Closure
Attn: UTSA Main Campus Community
An approaching cold front and abundant Pacific moisture are influencing our weather conditions tonight through tomorrow. Currently, heavy rainfall is occurring across portions of Bexar County, including the UTSA Main Campus. Thunderstorms are developing and “training” over the same areas, causing localized flooding in western and northwestern portions of Bexar County. Rainfall overnight can vary between 1 – 3 inches, with localized totals up to 5 inches. As thunderstorms develop, some could be strong to severe overnight. Currently, we have minor flooding on roadways on the Main Campus with a few road closures as listed below.
Affected UTSA Operations:
- Main Campus: Road closures at Brennan & Bosque Street and Brennan & Brackenridge. Alternate route: Use Barshop Rd to move from 1604 to UTSA Blvd if necessary.
- Downtown Campus: None – Use caution on I-35 as this area is prone to flooding of underpasses.
- Institute of Texan Cultures: None
Precautions and Recommendations:
- Outdoor Activities at UTSA: Due to thunderstorms, seek shelter immediately to avoid lightning threats.
- Do not drive through low-water crossings; seek alternate routes. Use caution on highways and underpasses.
- Monitor local news and weather stations for up to date information.
- Street Closures: http://www.sanantonio.gov/public-works/emergencystreetclosures.aspx
- CPS Power Outages: http://outagemap.cpsenergy.com/CPSStaticMapsEXT/CPSStaticMapV2_EXT.html
- National Weather Service – San Antonio: http://www.weather.gov/austin
- UTSA Campus Alerts Webpage: www.alerts.utsa.edu
Please check this website for the latest information. Be safe UTSA!